Legacy

Dear potential sponsor for my father's retrospective,

I believe it is vitally important to secure Douglas Phillips' legacy in stained glass. He was the only African American to have a major studio, opening in 1952 in Cleveland, Ohio. His technique of using sweeping, dynamic lines and ribbons of color, modernized stained glass. And yet, no one knows about his unparalleled talent. Please support my effort to bring his work to a wide audience.

I would love to show you just how amazing of an artist my father truly was. Let's get his work shown.

Contact me at IturiSun@gmail.com






Comments

  1. I worked as an apprentice with mona for a while here in cleveland .your father was supposed to take me under his wing to train me , but I got lost in life . His work is beautiful and I was fortunate to have the opportunity to participate in completing the designs he had in place prior to passing away. Sincerely. Caryn cleary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts